Construction and building a wooden, coin operated vending machine for little chocolate bars
The apparatus is to work just mechanically and hand operated with an input of a 20ct-coin for an output of one little chocolate bar. The ALDI Moser-Roth chocolate package (found in germany) contains 50 pieces 5x35x35mm each)which are cheap and simply stackable (see the picture in the german version). The coin-acceptor unit is to make possible the chocolate output with one 20ct-coin. Other coins with less diameter have to fall into the return area. Here you can see a list of the EURO-coin measurements.
You have to develop 8 parts of your vending machine:
– the wooden box (I advise to use acryl glas for the front to watch the mechanism and the stacklevel. The dimension depends on the maximum stacklevel. I advise 25 bars = 13,5cm stacklevel. Maybe you need only the volume of a shoebox.
– coin input (make a slot not much longer than the diameter of the 20ct-coin)
– coin-acceptor unit (leads smaller coins to the return area, greater coins cannot pass the slot)
– coin return (area for getting the rejected coins)
– cash box (removable money case)
– magazine of goods (place for the stack of bars)
– unlocking the goods (making available the undermost bar of the stack)
– output of goods (area for removing of goods)
Commendation document and a main price
All the participants who demonstrate the functional efficiency with photos and a short video are getting a commendation document and the possibility
of publishing there inventions on this blog. The best one gets the main price – a valuable book with content related to our blog (The criteria:
fully functional efficiency, smart invention, good craft and design)
All rights on the inventions remains at the participants.
Please send your documentation per e-mail until 31.Jan.2010 to me, Falk Keuten, „mechanikus“, firstname.lastname@example.org (no model, but photos, a short uncutted video with 2 working situations – the accepted coin and a rejected coin, optionally a drawing with explanation text).
The Price announcement is on 6.Febr.2010.
Happy tinkering !!